The location of your business is a very important factor in its success. As a Tenant, it is important to ensure that the duration of the lease is sufficient to meet your long-term business objectives. If you are contemplating leasing a premises, we can guide you through the process and advise you on:
- the Tenant’s and Landlord’s rights and obligations under the lease;
- who should be named as a party to the lease;
- the best structure for asset protection purposes;
- how rent is to be calculated and reviewed under the lease;
- what is the permitted use of the premises and whether the definition of the permitted use is too narrow or restrictive;
- how outgoings are calculated;
- the liability to contribute to the landlord’s outgoings;
- any other payments required under the lease;
- special or unusual terms or clauses;
- repayable security deposit or guarantees required;
- whether or not the lease contains an option to renew and or an option to assign;
- your rights and obligations at end of lease; and
- consequences of breaching lease conditions.
Contact us for further information.