The location of your business is a very important factor in its success. As a tenant, it is important to ensure that the duration of the lease is sufficient to meet your long term business objectives. If you are contemplating leasing a premises, we can guide you through the process and advise you on:
- The tenant’s and landlord’s rights and obligations under the lease
- Who should be named as a party to the lease?
- The best structure for asset protection purposes
- How rent is to be calculated and reviewed under the lease?
- What is the permitted use of the premises and whether the definition of the permitted use is too narrow or restrictive?
- How outgoings are calculated?
- The liability to contribute to the landlord’s outgoings
- Any other payments required under the lease
- Special or unusual terms or clauses
- Repayable security deposit or guarantees required
- Whether or not the lease contains an option to renew and or an option to assign
- Your rights and obligations at end of lease
- Consequences of breaching lease conditions
Contact us for further information.